Enhanced Flooded Battery (EFB) Technology
EFB batteries support applications that operate at a partial state of charge and don’t require the deep-cycling characteristics of an AGM battery. A polyfleece scrim material added to the positive plate surface makes this possible. This helps to stabilise the active material of the plates, which increases the endurance.
- More than twice the partial state of charge and deep-cycling performance of conventional batteries.
- Support for a high number of engine starts and extended engine-off periods.
- Improved charge acceptance compared to conventional flooded batteries.
- Designs available that improve thermal stability for use in engine compartments and hot climates.
- Ideal for start-stop vehicle technologies without regenerative braking technology and for vehicles with higher-than-normal energy demands, whether that means a tougher drive schedule or multiple accessories and equipment installed.
- In addition, our EFB products are built with PowerFrame® grid technology for high starting power and reliable performance.